I am an Internet industry veteran with 18 years experience in a range of roles involving web development, online marketing, web analytics, and ecommerce integration. I am currently employed full-time as a Digital Marketing Manager, but am also serving just a few select clients on the side.
2013 – Present GridGain Systems – Digital Marketing Manager
Manage all aspects of the digital marketing program promoting GridGain’s Suite of In-Memory Computing applications.
- Manage all demand generation activities including email marketing using the Act-On marketing automation tool and Salesforce CRM
- Manage pay per click campaigns including keyword research, writing ads, developing banners, bid optimization, tracking, analysis and reporting
- Manage all web properties including the main corporate site as well as executives blogs
- Write various types of advertising copy and web content
- Coordinate Meetup groups and executive LinkedIn accounts
- Coordinate online webinars
- Manage Search Engine Optimization (SEO) efforts including keyword research, linking, etc.
2011 – 2013 Baynote, Inc. – Engagement Manager
Managed integration projects implementing the Baynote recommendations engine on major online ecommerce companies such as J.Crew, Urban Outfitters, and AT&T.
- Coordinated efforts between customers’ and Baynote’s technical and business staff to integrate Baynote technology in customers’ ecommerce website.
- Managed the implementation of multiple integration projects from kickoff to completion
- Tracked and reported to upper management on project milestones
- Provided feedback to product development team on application functionality and usability
- Developed training material and wrote knowledgebase article
- Delivered training to clients on the Baynote application
2008 – 2011 Lyris, Inc. – Search Engine Marketing Manager
Managed all aspects of the search engine marketing campaign for this developer of integrated online marketing applications.
- Managed a search engine marketing budget of over $2 million per year, consistently controlling spending to within 1% of budget.
- Produced consistent month-over-month improvements in lead-capture efficiency, bringing overall cost per conversion from over $1000/lead down to under $20/lead.
- Developed campaign architecture from the ground up, with emphasis on optimizing keyword relevance and continuity.
- Managed campaigns on numerous ad platforms including Google AdWords, Microsoft AdCenter (Bing) Yahoo Search Marketing, Ask, Looksmart, Business.com, BuyerZone, Specific Media, and LinkedIn.
- Routinely conducted A/B split tests on ads, incentives, and landing page designs.
- Utilized various SEM productivity tools such as Google’s AdWords Editor, Conversion Optimizer, Google Analytics, ClickTracks Analytics, Keyword Spy, SpyFu, and SiteWit bid optimization tools among others.
- Wrote numerous SEM-related articles as a regular contributor to the company blog and newsletter.
- Regularly produced extensive reports for executive management
2004 – 2007 ClickTracks Analytics, Inc. – Product Manager
Managed the successful development and launch of several software and web-based products for this web analytics software company.
- Played a key role in increasing revenues from under $1 million/year to over $5 million/year and from twelve employees to 40 employees
- Managed the development of the company’s flagship product, ClickTracks, through multiple releases
- Simultaneously managed the development of several other products
- Created business, functional, and design specs for product features
- Established and managed adherence to product development plan
- Managed a team of approximately 10 engineers, web developers, graphic designers, QA, and marketing staff
- Wrote documentation, training, and marketing material
- Researched and wrote competitive analyses on key competitors such as WebTrends, NetTracker, Google Analytics, HitBox, and Omniture
- Educated sales, marketing and support staff on product features
- Consulted with executives on strategic considerations of product plan.
2001 – 2004 Intacct Corporation – Web Development Manager
Managed all aspects of the corporate web site for this web-based accounting system while providing web support for marketing, sales, and customer service departments.
- Architected and developed various interactive systems including a newsletter builder and distribution, survey builder, and website content manager, among others
- Developed and maintained a multi-faceted web development workflow system used by staff in all departments, including sales, marketing, HR, support and engineering
- Developed and maintained a comprehensive back-end reporting system for all website interactions
- Designed, developed, and managed a dynamically generated, private-labeled website system
- Managed all online marketing efforts to drive traffic and interaction to the site. Increased traffic by 400% and conversions by 600% in two years
Bachelor of Arts, Psychology, San Francisco State University – 1993
Magna Cum Laude (GPA – 3.8)
Countless seminars, webinars, workshops and conferences
References available on LinkedIn or upon request